Research activities in CSE Department
We at Methodist are given excellent opportunity and state of the art infrastructure for various research activities. Our college is having separate R & D cell for research work and projects. Students are encouraged to do innovative projects under the guidance of well qualified and experienced faculty. Some of the projects that are developed by our students include gaming, office automation, mobile app development etc.
Paper Publications by Faculty
- “XNNDF: Towards a framework for flexible Near-Duplicate Document detection using Supervised and Unsupervised Learning”, by Mrs. Lavanya Pamulaparty, In the proceedings of International Conference on Intelligent Computing, Communication and Convergence(ICCC-2014), ELSEIVER,27th – 28th, December 2014, Bhubaneshwar, Odisha. (Accepted for publishing in ELSEIVER Procedia Computer Science)
- “A Novel Approach for avoiding overload in the Web Crawling”, by Mrs. Lavanya Pamulaparty, IEEE Sponsored 2014 International Conference on High Performance and Applications (ICHPCA-2014), 22-24 December 2014, C. V. Raman College of Engineering,Bhubaneswar, Odisha(Accepted for publication in IEEE Explore)
- “A Near Duplicate Detection Algorithm to facilitate Document Clustering” by Mrs.Lavanya Pamulaparty, International Journal of Data Mining and Knowledge Management Process,Vol.4,No.6,November 2014, pp 39-49 , under ISSN:2230-9608[Online] and 2231-007X[Print]
- “An Approach to Identify Dishonest nodes using MAC Protocol in Multihop Cellular Networks”, Mrs. Lavanaya Pamulaparty, T Praveen Kumar and P Vijaya Babu Varma IOSR Computer Journal of Engineering, Vol.16, Issue 6, 2014, pp 1-7.
- “Quality of Service Routing for Multipath Manet” by Ms. Afreen Begum Sana, SPACES – 2015, an International Conferene on Signal Processing and Communication Engineering System. Published in “IEEE Conference proceeding with ISBN-978-1-4799-6108-5).
- A Paper by name “Energy Efficient Proactive Routing for Modified DSDV in Mantes” by Mrs. V. Sailaja and Ms. Afreen is accepted for publication in IJRET.
- A Paper by name “Smart Phone Based Authentication System using Gestures” by Mr. R. Sandeep is accepted for publication in IJRET
- Dr. V. S. Giridhar Akula published an article “Rule Based Systems for Medical Diagnosis” in the book “Fuzzy expert Systems for medical diagnosis” published by IGI Global USA.
- Giridhar Akula, Mrs. Lavanya Pamulaparty, Mrs. V. Sailaja, Mr. Tauqueerullah and Ms. Dilnaz Roshan are trainers for IOCCC program
- V. Sailaja and Mr. Rajashekhar are coordinators for “Tech Bevy” technical club.
- T. Praveen Kumar is coordinator for “CSE Bytes” , Alumni Association.
- Poonam Chankya led “The Motherhood Walkathon” along with CSE II year and III year students to mark the “World Breastfeeding Week 2014” held on 9th August 2014, in support of breastfeeding which is aimed to be part of Limca Book of Records.
- P. Lavanya visited as a Resource Person organized by JNTU, Hyderabad on Semantic Web.
- P. Lavanya visited as a Resource Person to St. Peters Engineering College March 27th 2014.
- T.Praveen Kumar is a guest visiting faculty for BITS Pilani, Hyderabad Campus.
- Poonam Chanakya is visiting as a Part-Time faculty for M. Sc, Dept of Sciences, Osmania University.
Conferences / Workshops attended by Faculty
- V. Sailaja, Ms. Afreen Begum Sana and Mr. Sandeep attended National Conference - NCEITCS - 2015,held on 1st and 2nd April 2015 by Vasavi College of Engineering and Technology.
- P. Lavanya attended a International Conference on Intelligent Computing, Communication and Convergence(ICCC-2014), ELSEIVER,27th – 28th, December 2014, Bhubaneshwar, Odisha.
- P. Lavanya attended IEEE Sponsored 2014 International Conference on High Performance and Applications (ICHPCA-2014), 22-24 December 2014
- Preeti C.M. and Mrs. T. V. Lakshmi Sukrutha attended a National Level Workshop on “Next Generation Devices and Computing” on 28th and 29th November, 2014.
- Tauqeerullah and Mr. Rajashekhar attended “NBA Accredition Program” held at Indur College during May 2014.
- P. Lavanya, Mrs. V. Sailaja, Mr. T. Praveen Kumar and Mr. Sandeep attended a one day Faculty Development Program on “Effective Teaching Methodologies” at Institute of Public Enterprise
- Poonam Chanakya attended a Two day Workshop on “Image Processing” at Vasavi College of Engineering and Technology.