ANNUAL REPORT 2015-16 (I & II SEM)
- PCB DESIGN & FABRICATION WORKSHOP: TWO DAYS workshop on PCB DESIGN & FABRICATION was arranged under the assistance of ARMTRONICS and coordinated by Mr JAGAN MOHAN RAO on 21,22 AUG 2015. SIXTY Students of II Yr participated and designed PCB for OBSTACLE DETECTOR AND AUTOMATIC NIGHT LAMP PROJECTS
- IN-HOUSE TRAINING PROGRAMME 2015: TWO DAYS INHOUSE TRAINING in EMBEDDED SYSTEMS was arranged on 28,29th AUG 2015. FORTY Students of III YR participated and ECE ALLUMNI of 2013 pass out students Mr SHARDUL GAIKWAD and Mr SUMANYU coordinated the training
- FACULTY DEVELOPMENT PROGRAMME: TWO DAYS FDP on EMBEDDED SYSYTEMS USING ARM CORTEX was organized on 4,5 Sept 2015 in association with UTL Technologies, Hyderabad. TWENTY SEVEN FACULTY members for different colleges participated in the workshop.
- Srikanth Immareddy , Abdul Hashim , “ROM Based Carry Look Ahead Adder for Low Power VLSI Circuits”, International Conference on Paradigms in Engineering and Technology (IPCET 2016), conducted by Methodist College of Engineering and Technology, Hyderabad on 02, 03-March-2016.
- Sravan Kumar Talusani , Srikanth Immareddy , D. Suresh “Optimization Technique of Digital FIR Filter Coefficients using Genetic Algorithm”, International Conference on Paradigms in Engineering and Technology (IPCET 2016), conducted by Methodist College of Engineering and Technology, Hyderabad on 02, 03-March-2016.
- Prabhakara Rao and D.Vara Prasada Rao,“Robust and Scalable Geographic Multicast Protocol Implementation for Ad-hoc wireless Networks”, Proceedings of the International Conference on Paradigms in Engineering and Technology (ICPET-2016) on 2nd & 3rd March, 2016, Hyderabad, India ,ISBN-978-93-5258-110-8, pp 620-627.
- Siva kumar, I.Poorna chander “ Design of dyanamic range-residue numbers system using low-area and low power modulo 2n – 1multiplies with adaptive delay “ International Conference on Paradigms in Engineering and Technology (IPCET 2016), conducted by Methodist College of Engineering and Technology, Hyderabad on 02, 03-March-2016.
- M.Mujtaba, C. Balu Ranga swamy “Implementation of WAP gateway technologies through wireless communication” International Conference on Paradigms in Engineering and Technology (IPCET 2016), conducted by Methodist College of Engineering and Technology, Hyderabad on 02, 03-March-2016.
- Poorna chander,C Laxmana sai “New algorithm for region fiuing using super resolution based impainting” International Conference on Paradigms in Engineering and Technology (IPCET 2016), conducted by Methodist College of Engineering and Technology, Hyderabad on 02, 03-March-2016.
- Vikram Manohar , Sharmina bharwani , O.Ameena “Verification of test bench environment components transactions , seinario generator & BFM for DDR4 memory cotroller using APP interface “International Conference on Paradigms in Engineering and Technology (IPCET 2016), conducted by Methodist College of Engineering and Technology, Hyderabad on 02, 03-March-2016.
- Dr NH SHOBHA, Prof & HOD - published paper in International Journal of Application or Innovation in Engineering & Management (IJAIEM), titled ’ “Effectiveness of Time- Expansion of Consonants for the Benefit of Hearing Impaired Listeners” , VOL 4, ISSUE 7, AUG 2015.
- Dr NH SHOBHA, Prof & HOD - published paper in International Journal of Application or Innovation in Engineering & Management (IJAIEM), titled ’ “Speech Intelligibility enhancement in the context of hearing-impairment”, VOL 4,ISSUE 8, AUG 2015.
- Dr NH SHOBHA- Delivered inaugural address on the topic WOMEN EMPOWERMENT at IETE WORKSHOP -FASCINATING WORLD OF CODING THEORY:HEART AND SOUL OF WIRELESS COMMUNICATION organized by WOMEN IETE SECTION at IETE - OU CAMPUS on 7th NOV 2015
SEMINAR/CONFERENCES/WORKSHOPS ATTENDED BY THE FACULTY
- Mr I SRIKANTH –Attended 1 WEEK WORKSHOP on “DIGITAL DESIGN USING VERILOG HDL” organized by TASK & CDAC Hyderabad 18 TO 22 JAN-2016.
- Mr I SRIKANTH & Mr T SRAVAN KUMAR - Attended 1 WEEK WORKSHOP on ‘STATISTICAL ANALYSIS FOR SIGNAL AND IMAGE PROCESSING’ organized by GNITS during 30 NOV to 5 DEC 2015.
- MRS O AMEENA & MRS SHARMINA- Attended TWO DAYS WORKSHOP on FASCINATING WORLD OF CODING THEORY:HEART AND SOUL OF WIRELESS COMMUNICATION at IETE , OU CAMPUS on 7,8 NOV 2015
- Dr N H SHOBHA, M JAGAN MOHAN RAO,T.SRAVAN KUMAR Attended one day seminar on UNIVERSALITY OF FOURIER TRANSFORMS at STANLEY COLLEGE OF ENGG on 1 JULY 2015
- M JAGAN MOHAN RAO, PRABHAKAR RAO,T SRAVAN KUMAR,K VARUN KUMAR,VARA PRASAD - Attended 1 week STTP on ‘INTERNET & DIGITAL CONVERGENCE-CRAFTING THE FUTURE’ at MCET from 10 to 14 JUNE 2015.
- Mr I SRIKANTH & Mr K VARUN KUMAR - Attended 2 WEEKS FDP on ‘RECENT TRENDS & ADVANCEMENTS IN VLSI FOR EMDEDDED APPLICATIONS’ organized by CBIT during 15 to 27 JUNE 2015.
- MRS O AMEENA & MRS SHARMINA- attended TWO DAYS WORKSHOP on RESEARCH METHODOLOGIES on at STANLEY COLLEGE OF ENNG FOR WOMEN
- MR SATISH YADAV - attended THREE DAYS WORKSHOP on IMAGE PROCESSING AND APPLICATIONS on 27,28, AND 29TH AUG 2015 at MALLA REDDY COLLEGE OF ENGG
- Mr I SRIKANTH & Mrs O AMEENA,MRS SHARMINA, Mr.VIKRAM Paricipated in TWO DAYS FDP on EMDEDDED SYSTEMS USING ARM CORTEX held on 4 & 5 SEPT 2015 by UTL TECHNOLOGIES at ECE DEPT METHODIST COLLEGE OF ENGG & TECH.
- IEEE MCET SB organized ‘IEEE DAY’ on 6th OCTOBER 2015. On this occasion various activities were arranged in the ECE dept, 1. TECHNICAL TALK on UNIVERSATALITY OF FOURIER TRANSFORMS by PROF RAVINDRAN ETHIRAJ, DIRECTOR-R&D,Stanley college of Engg, 2. Inauguration of In-house project ‘POWER AMPLIFIER FOR CLASS ROOM ANNOUNCEMENT’ by ECE R&D team, 2. PPT on In-house project work by R&D Team, 4. IEEE Membership Drive.
- Mr Satish Yadav- IEEE Branch councilor and Mr Abdul Hashim- Student Network member for Hyderabad section attended IEEE CONGRESS 2015 at HCU on 3 and 4 OCT 2015.
SEMINAR/CONFERENCES/WORKSHOPS ATTENDED BY THE STUDENTS
- IV , III, II & I ECE students participated in ANTI RAGGING CAMPAIGN IN Methodist campus organized by NTV on 13 Aug 2015.
- IV ECE students participated in YUVA NESTHAM organized by HMV,HANS INDIA as a part of ENGINEERS DAY on 15 Sept 2015.
- III ECE Students participated in debate competition organized by BHARATH TV as a part ENGINEERS DAY CELEBRATIONS on 15 Sept 2015.
- Ms S SUGUNA, K POOJA REDDY, MR T NIKHIL SINGH, A VINAY KUMAR, C SHESHANK participated in AMALGAM 2015-16--TWO DAYS CHAMPIONSHIP IN ROBOTICS organized by SIXTH SENSE ROBOTICS at GOVT. POLYTECHNIC ,MASAB TANK,HYD on 21 and 22 AUG 2015
INTERNSHIPS ATTENDED BY THE STUDENTS
- Ms GV SOUJANYA, B POOJA, K SARIKA, P VIJAUYALAKSHMI P MANISHA of IV ECE completed SUMMER INTERNSHIP for UNDERGRADUAGES conducted by SOUTH CENTRAL RAILWAYS 1/6/15 TO 10/7/2015
- Mr G TRINATH REDDY & Mr. JESHWANTH of III ECE have completed two & half years of training under AICTE-BSNL Employability Enhancement Programme.
- Mr J AKHILASH REDDY, K VIJAYA MANIKANTA, HEERALAL KUMAWAT of III ECE have completed 1 month INTERNSHIP at ECIL,CED in the area of FRONT END VLSI from 16/7/2015 to 14/8/2015
- Mr B ANIL KUMAR, Mr MAHARSHI SANAND YADAV, M PRIYADARSHAN , N NIHARIKA, SAMEER M THAKKER, G JAYAPRIYA, CH PALLAVI, J SWATHI, B YASHWANTH of IV ECE have completed 25 days INTERNSHIP at ECIL,CIT in the area of VLSI from 09/7/2015 to 1/8/2015
- AMRUTHA MUNGIKAR & PRIYANKA SHIRODHAR of IV ECE completed 1 month SUMMER INTERNSHIP at DRDO
- Mr DILIP GOUD, RAHUL VALLABDAS, M ARJUN GOUD, M SHIRISHA, BHEEMA FATHIMA NISHA of IV ECE have completed 1 month SUMMER INTERNSHIP at BHEL,HYD
- III ECE Students visited DOORDARSHAN KENDRA at Ramanthapur and TV TOWER at Malakpet on 21 & 22 Sept as a part of Industrial visit
- IV ECE students placed in GENPACT as PROCESS ASSOCIATES on 29/10/2015:
1 .SAMEER THAKKER, 2. M MARY TEJASWI, 3. RAKESH KUMAR, 4. PRIYANKA SHIRODKAR, 5. KEVEIN THOMAS, 6. BAQUIR HASAN
- IV ECE students placed in KYP INFRA PROJECTS:
- A. HARISH KUMAR, 2.M.AKSHITA, 3.G.JAYAPRIYA, 4. V VENU GOPAL AGARWAL, 5.K. VISHNU CHANDRA BHARDWAJ, 6. ABDUL HASIM, 7. BHEEMA FATHIMA NISHA P.
- IV ECE students placed in BHARDWAJ K & M INFRA (P) LTD:
- VENKAT SAI KRISHMA, 2.SAMEER M THAKKER, 3.M.SIRISHA, 4. B.ANIL KUMAR, 5.P.JASHWANTH SAI KIRAN, 6. K.TEJASWINI, 7. P BABU KHAN
METHERIC UTSAV 2014
The ECE dept. coordinated in organizing the most awaited college event METHERIC UTSAV 2014 – A National level Technical symposium on 13,14 March 2014. The event was completely conceived, coordinated and structured by ECE department faculty and students. The budget of 2,5Lakhs was raised through sponsorships from LIC, Page1, TV9, Eenadu, Union Bank, Mxit, and various stalls in games: Hero Honda,McDonals,Frankie. The Marcom of the event was taken care off by the ECE dept. The symposium housed technical events like paper presentation, Project Exhibition, Tech quiz, Electronic Mortuary, Robo Soccer etc and the non technical events were Theme photography, Short film,Scary House etc. There was very good participation from around 15 other colleges and they show cased their innate technical and non-technical skills.The media partners were TV9 and Radio Mirchi.
The event was inaugurated by Mr K Praveen kumar, Addl Chief Executive Officer,Deccan Infrastructure and Land Holdings Ltd. and the valedictory was hosted by chief guest Mr Dr Vinay Babu,Principal, JUTUH and Guest of Honour Sri V B Kalalasan Reddy, DCP - West Zone, Hyderabad. The valedictory was followed by CELEBRITY NITE by Tollywood singers HEMACHADRA & SHRAVANA BHARGAVI. This event received more than 1000 spectators.
The staff and III yr students of ECE dept. organized a FAREWELL party to outgoing batch of students on 26,Apr 2014 . The event was inaugurated by the Principal Prof S Venkateswar and awards were given away for the outgoing batch. Mr Archit Datta and Ms Spoorthy Reddy as ‘Best Out Going Students’.
The Annual activity of mini projects Exhibition was organized on 1, Nov 2014, which was coordinated by ECE Faculty Mr Sravan Kumar,Asst.Prof and Mr. Ramesh Babu,Asst.Prof. More than 65 students of II ECE participated in exhibition and 26 projects like Reusable tube light, FM transmitter, Stress meter, Water level Indicator, Four tone siren etc were exhibited. The event was inaugurated by Principal Dr Giridhar Akula and Academic Director Dr S Venkateswar.
INHOUSE TRAINING 2014
INHOUSE TRAINING CLUB organized a training programme in Robotics and Embedded system on 1 & 2 Nov 2014 . A group of IV ECE students trained III ECE students in building up Obstacle detector and Motion Sensor Robot
Students of ECE initiated SWACHA BHARATH ABYAHAN and the first phase was conducted college cleaning programme on 3 NOV 2014.More than 150 students across all branches enthusiastically participated in the event and cleaned up inside and outside the campus. The theme of the first phase was ‘change starts from within’
II.SEMINAR/CONFERENCES/WORKSHOPS ORGANIZED BY THE DEPARTMENT
IN-HOUSE TRAINING PROGRAMME
The department of ECE organised IN-HOUSE TRAINING PROGRAMME for the benefit of II, III, IV yr ECE students in latest technology. The workshop series was totally being executed by the staff and students of ECE
- PCB DESIGNING AND TESTING on Sept 21 st 2013: About 100 + students of II ECE were trained and they designed a mini project at the end of the day, under the able guidance of Mr Sravan kumar, Asst Prof, ECED
- ROBOTICS on 28,29 Sept 2013: About 40 students of III ECE were trained by a group of enthusiastic final yeat ECE students in developing a Robot at the end of the second day
- BACKEND VLSI DESIGN on 5 Oct, 2013: About 50 students of IV ECE students got a full fledged training under the guidance of Mr Srikanth, Assoc Prof
VALUE ADDED COURSE
VALUE ADDED COURSE in EMBEDDED SYSTEMS for III ECE A&B started under the collaboration of AJ TECH, Hyderabad. About 16 students of III ECE were trained and a exhibited their projects on 21 Sept 2013
GUEST LECTURE: On ‘BACK END VLSI DESIGN’ by Prof P.Chandra Sekhar was ornasised for IV ECE students on 5 October 2013.
IV.IEEEE STUDENTS CHAPTER INITIATION AND ACTIVITIES
The dept has initiated IEEE Student chapter in the month of Jan 2014 with 24 active student members of II and III ECE, 2 staff members and Principal. The students are actively participating in several programs outside college. They have participated in
(i)Technical papers at MJCET in Jan 2014
(ii)Technical lectures at VBIT, OU campus in Jan 2014
(iii)Advances in Video processing and application workshop on 9th Feb, 2104 at BITS-Hyderabad
(iv)Mr Meher Datta Sourabh of III ECE visited ISRO, Bangalore as a part of Industrial visit.
The petition was applied at IEEE contact center,USA. In Jan 2014 and expecting the final approval of student chapter.
V.INTERNSHIPS ATTENDED BY THE STUDENTS
Mr.B.Sai Krishna of III year ECE-A is being trained at AICTE-BSNL Employability Enhancement Program.
Mr. M. Madhu goud of III year ECE-A completed basics of instrumentation,PCB Assembling and testing by M/S ACE instruments,Hyderabad.summer internship 40 days.
Mr. Amit Narendula of III ECE-A attended a 17-day course ( March 2014) in Spanish at Foundation de lengua Espanola in Valladolid Spain, obtained a Diploma in Intermediate level Spanish (B2)
VI.INDUSTRIAL TRAINING/VISITS FOR THE STUDENTS
III ECE students visited ‘INDIAN METROLOGICAL CENTRE’ for industrial visit on 8 and 15, Feb 2013.
III ECE students visited ‘BSNL, GACHIBOWLI, HYD’ for industrial visit on 22, Feb, 2013 2013.
ORACLE WORK FORCE DEVELOPMENT
The college has registered MOU with Oracle for certification programme under Oracle work force development. There are more than 50 students of IIr,II and IV yr students have registered and they can choose any module from 22 different module The course work is expected to start in Jan 2015 covering 40 teaching hours.
ARDINO APPLICATIONS A workshop based on Ardino was arranged under the R & D and coordinated by Mr Satish Yadav ,Asst Prof. activities center on 30, 31st March 2015. Students of II & III ECE participated and were being trained by III ECE students Mr Abdul Hashim & Mr Samay Shah
GUEST LECTURE A GUEST LECTURE by Dr RENUKA METHRE, Assoc prof, GNITS on IMAGE PROCESSING AND ITS APPLICATIONS was arranged on 6th April 2015 for III ECE
Mr Debashis Roy, Head of Business Development at Foneclay Inc delivered an expert lecture on FONECLAY TECHNOLOGY on 10Th OCT 2014. Foneclay is mobile software for creating customizable user interface where one can create Android apps and fones in minutes with no programming skills. The students found It very exciting on creating their own app with in no time by the end of the programme.