Entrepreneurship Development Cell at Methodist
Prosperity of a nation and society is measured by the entrepreneurial spirit of its people. Entrepreneurship is a key element of industrialization and economic progress. Entrepreneurs are expected to play vital role in the process of development by introducing innovations and demonstrating leadership qualities in the dynamic situation. Entrepreneurship has been found as a low cost and long – term strategy for ensuring supply of right kind of entrepreneurs in the economy to sustain the development tempo. ENTREPRENEURSHIP DEVELOPMENT CELL (EDC) in educational institutions to develop institutional mechanism to create entrepreneurial culture in S&T academic institutions and to foster techno entrepreneurship for generation of wealth and employment by S&T persons. The EDCs are established in Methodist College of Engineering and Technology (MCET), having requisite expertise and infrastructure. The mission of the EDCs is to “develop institutional mechanism to create entrepreneurial culture in academic institutions to foster growth of innovation and entrepreneurship amongst the teaching fraternity and students”.Educating and training people for developing entrepreneurial capabilities through positive training interventions is the core strategy of the Entrepreneurship Development Cell (EDC) founded at Methodist College of Engineering, Abids, Hyderabad.
Proposed Activities of the Cell
- To motivate students to undergo Entrepreneurship Development Program (EDP), skill development training and enhance self employment opportunities.
- To reach Science & Technology to the participants and motivate them to take up entrepreneurial ventures.
- To organize seminars/ guest lectures / workshops/ industrial visits.
- To transfer the technical know-how and assist the students in setting up entrepreneurial enterprises.
- Program on Financial assistance and Sources of institutional assistance to entrepreneurs.
- Carrying out study to find out the entrepreneurial potential of region in selected industries.
Invitation to Young Entrepreneurs
- We offer incubation facilities for upcoming young entrepreneurs to incubate their ideas in any proposed area of their interest.
- We offer consultancy services for industrial units owned by entrepreneurs and also family business units owned by our students. We help them in running their units as profit centres.
- We offer our services as mentors for your business. We also extend our services in reviving sick units
Student E – Leaders
We have E – Leaders from all the departments who actively participate in the EDC activities and perform their role to the best of their abilities. Some of their roles include motivating students to become members of E cell, encouraging and guiding them to become entrepreneurs through various programmes conducted in the campus like orientation programme, E – Week, advanced EDC programme and so on. They also nominate students and give them a chance to explore various aspects of E Cell and become E leaders. Other roles of E Leaders are to remain updated with the various activities regarding EDC and send students to attend those activities. By becoming E Leaders they gain an understanding of the range of entrepreneurial resources and how to connect members to resources in time and how to use existing platforms and communities to scale up E Cell activities and programs.
Those who are interested to join and participate in EDC may contact the EDC coordinators.